The 2 forwards have been on top form at club level for quite some time now, and combined excellently to demolish Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 last night. Should they partner each other regularly up front now?
1. 3 goals and 3 assists between them last night. They clearly understand each other.
2. Their respective playing styles suit each other. McFadden with the tricks and ability to hold up the ball, combined with Yakubu's strength, pace and finishing can only make for a winning combination.
3. Andy "Andrew" Johnson has been misfiring of late, so keep him on the bench to get his hunger back and let the other 2 go forth and actually score some goals.
4. McFadden moving up front allows space for Tim Cahill, Leon Osman, Mikel Arteta and Thomas Gravesen to all play in midfield.
1. 3-0 against Sheffield Wednesday. Hardly a good team to judge partnerships on.
2. McFadden is wasted up front. He performs a lot better in midfield, and will allow Johnson to keep playing.
3. Keeping an expensive striker on the bench is just a waste of money (except to Benitez), soon Johnson will get fed up and hand in a transfer request.
4. McFadden playing up front means that Thomas Gravesen will play in midfield.
What do you reckon Liquid fans?